18 Mar 2015

Unforgettable City of Bruges


Singapore Travel Blog
Bruges, Belgium. A.k.a "Venice of the North".

Recently I was planning for my trip to Greece, and it suddenly struck me that I have not documented down my previous trip to Europe! So I shall do so here and share with my sweet readers the amazing travel experience I had. :)

My husband and I were too lazy to plan our itinerary this time, so we went for a tour package with  CTC Travel. We signed up with them two weeks before our departure date, so there weren't much discounts/freebies given to us as they were given to my fellow tour mates.

Learn from our mistake, do not leave your travel plans till last minute if you want to have more bargaining power with the travel agents. AND, do not sign on those unconfirmed tours like how we did with another travel agency prior to CTC. If they cannot confirm your tour, or only inform you your tour group did not meet minimum headcount at the very last minute, you may face some unwanted stress. (In spite of that my hubby & I were very chill about it. Since it's a leisure trip, don't stress lah ok!)

The tour is super comprehensive. We covered quite a number of cities:
  1. Rome (Italy)
  2. Florence (Italy)
  3. Pisa (Italy)
  4. Mestra/Venice (Italy)
  5. Innsbruck (Austria)
  6. Vaduz
  7. Lucerne (Switzerland)
  8. Black Forest (Germany)
  9. Heidelberg/Cologne (Germany)
  10. Amsterdam (Holland)
  11. Brussels (Belgium)
  12. Bruges (Belgium)
  13. Paris (France)
In this blog post, I am going to introduce Bruges, because I find that many of the other cities on my itinerary are kind of overrated, but Bruges is less spoken of/reviewed about on my local (Singapore) blogosphere.



Bruges is the capital and largest city of the province of West Flanders in the Flemish Region of Belgium. It is located in the northwest of the country. (Source:Wikipedia)

Although I love teaching, but I am not particularly excited about the idea of conducting a history lesson on my blog! LOL. So please click the links above and educate yourself more about Bruges' history & culture.

Letting the pictures do the talking!
Singapore Travel Blog
Map of Bruges made of lace!

Singapore Travel Blog
Streets of Bruges on a winter morning



Singapore Travel Blog
Canal-based city just looks so quaint, isn't it?


Singapore Travel Blog
Zoom in of a one-legged swan. Or was it a goose?
Singapore Travel Blog



Some random street art



Singapore Travel Blog
Spot the real humans from the fake ones. Haha.

Singapore Travel Blog
Wished I had time to ride on the boat cruise. You should if you head to this beautiful city one day!

Singapore Travel Blog
Do you wish to live in this? I do.

That's why I pose in front of "my house". Sorry, just had to.

Singapore Travel Blog
Burg Square. These horse carriages will take you through the alleys of Bruges.

Singapore Travel Blog


Belgium has the best waffles, chocolates and other dessert like these! Don't miss it!

Singapore Travel Blog
Fries & waffles, take your pick!

Markt (Market Square)

Singapore Travel Blog
Unlike Asia, Europe fresh produce are always huge and juicy!

Singapore Travel Blog

Next time you're in Europe or Belgium, do not miss this UNESCO site! It is listed for a reason.
Till then!





post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!