14 Sept 2016

Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Oxygenating Gel Cream Review


Sponsored

 
It is the time of haze (thanks to our neighbouring country Indonesia's forest fires) for Singapore again. To combat this phenomenon, I am thankful to Philosophy Singapore for sending me their Take A Deep Breath Oxygenating Gel Cream and Oxygenating Eye Gel Cream to help build up defenses for my dull, troubled skin.

As suggested by its name, this new Philosophy range offers an exclusive clean-air technology ™, where "skin receives the oxygen delivery it needs to breathe freely"; in addition, the formula also includes a patented blend of antioxidants and anti-pollutants helps neutralize damaging free radicals. skin is left feeling stronger and fresher, looking healthy and radiant.

Disclaimer: I used these products for less than 10 days, and inconsistently so; as a result, I shall only offer my first impressions & brief opinions here, unlike my usual detailed reviews.
__

Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Oxygenating Gel Cream

More product information & ingredient list, click HERE.



Oil-free is the catchphrase you want to hear when you've got oily/combination skin! I was sold when I learnt that this gel-like cream is also SPF-free. It's a terrific option for people who are sensitive to high SPF products, because nowadays one can hardly find a quality day moisturiser with no added SPF since it's all about sun protection. I need more oil-free day moisturisers with no added SPF when I am using under BB cushions/foundations with over SPF50.


The gel cream projects a pale green hue in the tub, and appears white when applied in small quantities on the skin. Very lightweight, the cream spreads on evenly and absorbs easily into skin. Non-greasy, thus wearing this cream in the day under thick makeup becomes so pleasant. It supposedly strengthens the skin barrier and helps skin becomes less sensitive! I did not use it long enough to witness this happening to my skin though.

The aloe vera scent is quite apparent and alongside with ingredients such as rosemary extract and orange peel extract, it produces a refreshing botanical+floral scent that I personally loved!

Although it is meant for both day & night use, I personally find it not moisturising enough during the night. Even in the day, I'd need a generous amount of product on my face.

Might be more suitable for younger skin aged between 15-25; but if your skin is oily then it should suit you fine regardless of your age. Haha!


Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Oxygenating Eye Gel Cream



The white reflection is just a result of its hydrating effects - not shimmer or white cast!
Using similar oxygen-delivering technology as the gel cream, this eye gel cream feels very soothing, cooling and even more hydrating than the face cream. It is white in colour but applies translucent and won't leave behind any white cast/ oily film. Doesn't have any distinct scent but in comparison to the face gel cream, it doesn't smell that nice either.

Best suited for puffy eyes, dark eye circles and eyes that look/feel tired due to lack of sleep (which probably means everyone in our fast-paced society). It will rejuvenate your eye area and could probably work for oily lids as a eyelid primer. I don't have oily eyelids but I tried using this under eye makeup and it did help eyeshadow to smooth on better.

__

For more information on Philosophy products, go to http://www.philosophyskincare.sg


No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!