Woohoo! Time for Fall collection limited edition beauty buys again! YSL 2016 Fall Collection has many beautiful collectibles this year. Check out some of my picks HERE on Instagram.
|Mon Paris Limited Edition eyeshadow palette is a spin-off (or should I say addition) from their Mon Paris Parfum.|
|Click to enlarge image|
Consisting of 5 shades in the pan and comes with two eyeshadow applicators, the colour are as beautiful as the packaging. This colour scheme is what I'd considered as "safe" shades that most people can wear. Many grey-neutrals and the base colour is pale purple - a colour that the fairest or the darkest skin tones can carry off.
|With bright white lighting|
Those who are avid collectors of YSL limited edition items can skip this chunk of words - cos I know you will still go for this purchase, no matter what you read. LOL.
Those who have never owned YSL limited edition items will instantly fall in love with this eyeshadow palette simply because how gorgeous the packaging is. (Can anyone resist the cute bow?)
That being said, I still want to share some of my thoughts to help you decide if you want to spend S$105 on a single makeup item.
- Sweet, pretty, luxurious, and very feminine. It targets at women (and even girls) who are into Paris or Paris-themed merchandise. I am sure this is a good-enough reason for purchase.
Texture & Colours
- Not pigmented as other YSL eyeshadows, but layer-able to natural & pretty lilac + grey hues; brightens up your peepers.
- Slightly rough, especially the highlighting shade. That contains bigger shimmers hence feels rougher.
- Very feminine, romantic vibes. I feel it's a perfect eye look for first dates!
- Not all eye shapes can take the lilac as a base colour though. I can see mono-lidded ladies will have a problem with the lilac & silver-white shade. So are the olive skin toned ladies. Sorry!
- I used an eyeshadow primer and colour lasted through my 8 hours date, but the lilac will fade into a natural silver...and the highlighter big shimmers will slowly disintegrate. Don't fret, they don't fall all over your face though.
- Takes a heavier hand than usual to apply and to achieve the best possible results. Because they are not as pigmented, an eyeshadow primer is handy in this case.
- Good quality sponge & brush applicators.
- With easy instructions at the back of the box, even makeup noobs will get around this.
The lighting and reflection makes the eyeshadow looks more pale blue than lilac. Nonetheless, I still think they look awesome!
What do you think? Would you add this palette to your makeup stash?
Should you decided to, please hurry because YSL only prepared 60 sets for sale. I purchased mine online at Tangs.com. I saw a girl directly going to the YSL counter at Tangs Orchard and she got it too.