|Looks so beautiful right?|
As promised in one of my previous posts, today I am going to review the NARS NARSissist Blush, Contour, And Lip Palette.
Since this is a limited edition, I couldn't wait for it to arrive at my local store. I made a pre-order with Sephora, and after some waiting, it finally reached my hands!
Details taken from Sephora website:
What it is:
A limited-edition cheek and lip palette.
What it does:
This unique palette can be used to give cheeks and lips a shimmery wash of color. Featuring NARS’ Laguna bronzing powder, Albatross highlighting blush, three limited-edition blushes, and Istria lip gloss, it’s all encased in a take-anywhere NARSissist mirrored palette.
This set contains:
- 3 x 0.1 oz Blush in Roman Holiday (pretty pastel pink), Enrapture (pink terracotta), Enthralled (toasted rose/shimmer)
- 0.12 oz Highlighting blush in Albatross (luminous glow)
- 0.15 oz Bronzing powder in Laguna (brown powder/gold shimmer)
- 0.12 oz Lip gloss in Lstria (pink glace)
Price in SGD: 65.00
Let's take a closer look at the colours in the palette before I show you the swatches.
|Shot taken indoor without flash lighting|
|Shot taken indoor with flash lighting|
The bronzer + highlighter is below the blushes compartment. The lipgloss fits into its own compartment, where my watermark is, as in the above pic.
Now, let's check out the swatches:
|Taken in natural daylight outdoor|
What do you think of the colours? Well, perhaps let me model the colours on my face for you, and we can decide if we like it later. :)
|Putting on my first layer of foundation with a beauty blender dupe|
Sorry if this pic scares you a bit, but yes, that's my bare face with just a light layer of not-yet-properly-blended foundation. (My hubby thinks I look most beautiful like this, so he decided to take this photo of me as I was prepping to test out the NARS NARSissist Blush, Contour, And Lip Palette.)
If you're curious what I am currently using to blend my foundation/BB cream/CC cream, it is a Beauty Blender dupe I purchased from Qoo10.sg at three for SGD9.99 + 3.90 shipping charges.
|Also featuring my all-time fave $2 Daiso sponge cleaner in a bottle!|
Moving back to testing out the NARS NARSissist Blush, Contour, And Lip Palette on my face....
|My pale face before blusher, contour, highlighter. Wearing its lip gloss though.|
|Swipe swipe with my Real Techniques blush brush|
The mirror on this compact is really handy; it comes on both sides! Opened or closed, you see a mirror!
|Swipe on the other cheek!|
Applying blusher is the most delightful step in a makeup routine, don't you think so? There's just something so therapeutic about using a fluffy blush and dusting pinky colours on the apple of your cheeks!
|Shot taken indoor with natural sunlight|
How do I look with the blush in Enrapture? Not bad right?
With my yellow undertones skin, I hardly find blushers with cool undertones looking this good on me! The colours are actually very pigmented, so I only patted a very thin layer on my cheeks. You know, I am into Korean makeup looks, and they are not into bright blush colours nor very pigmented blushers. This "lighter" look fits me perfectly!
Now moving to contouring & highlighting...
On a day-to-day basis, most Singaporean ladies find it cumbersome to put on contouring/sculpting powders/bronzers & highlighters. Some are afraid their faces may look overly dramatic if they contour their faces on a normal working day. I think otherwise - I am afraid of not looking my best on any day. Haha!
Hence I contour my nose every day, and I often contour my jawline too. The only time I skip contouring is when I am going for a workout. If you love taking selfies, contouring & highlighting is a must! It makes a huge difference in your photos!
|Makeup all done!|
|LOTD 2 March '15|
- Pigmented- a little bit goes a long way. Save money in the long run.
- Powder is quite fine and of good quality.
- A well-balanced mix of coral, pink and brownish shimmery blush colours.
- Natural yet buildable bronzer & exceptionally beautiful highlighter
- This particular bronzer works pretty well as a sculpting powder too. (Do you know the difference between bronzing powder & sculpting powder? They are not the same!)
- All colours in the palette work well for most skin tones
- Didn't break me out after a day's wear.
- Fragile packaging - mirror on the front can crack/break easily. For some reason, the mechanism of the box sometimes make it difficult for short nails to lift up the flap that separates the blushes and the bronzer/highlighter.
- Except for Roman Holiday and Albatross, the rest of the colours are too dark orangey-brown for my liking.
- The lip gloss colour isn't anything exceptional; just a simple light pink gloss.
- Doesn't come with brushes.
- Needs a little touch-up after 5 hours.