3 May 2015

Simply Her Beauty & Wellness Retreat 2015

Top Beauty Blog

Simply Her launches her first beauty & wellness retreat on 25 April 2015 at Orchard Parade Hotel. Thanks to Her World, two complimentary event passes were sent to me, so I invited my girlfriend to kick back & relax with me on that beautiful (but rainy) Saturday morning & afternoon.

Top Beauty Blog Singapore


Beauty Blog Singapore
Kiss92FM Radio Producer Presenter Charmaine Yee with the event organisers

Upon registration, we were given a towel and a bottle of water to prep us for the yoga session. Unfortunately, due to visitation of Aunty Scarlet, I decided to give this one a miss.

My girlfriend and I went ahead with our skin analysis by Thomson Well Woman Clinic, which is able to tell us how young our skin age is, and what are the area of improvements and how to go about resolving skin issues with the aesthetic services they provide.

Top Beauty Blog
The friendly staff guiding me with the imaging scan
Top Beauty Blog
Doesn't this shot look hilarious? My gf & I burst out in laughters when we saw this pic. 

I looked like I am teleporting to another world! It was really fun trying this machine for the first time.

Top Beauty Blog
Nervous whilst waiting for my results! My skin looked quite horried due to recent lack of sleep.

The staff handed us a tiny slip of paper which revealed our skin age and areas of concerns such as hydration level, surface spots, hidden spots, acne, wrinkles, etc. My skin age is about 3 years younger than my actual age. According to them, this is good news! (All thanks to my Korean beauty regime, I guess.)


Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Of course I need a wefie with this pretty & friendly nurse! Love her bright smile!
Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
My gf's turn now. I think she was nervous too!

While we were doing our skin analysis, the rest were in a separate room doing yoga with the two instructors from Pure Yoga, Kristin Khor and Kristin Lewis.

Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Image Credits: herworldplus.com
Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
As I didn't join them for yoga, this was taken before the session. Participants waiting eagerly for their yoga session
Top Beauty Blog Singapore
 Lunch was a sumptuous buffet spread from the hotel. I personally find the quality of the food mediocre; but my gf overheard a participant commented how delicious the chicken is!



There are booths at the event offering fcomplimentary express manicures and brow-shaping services, courtesy of Polished. Korean beauty products were also available for testing & for sale by Thomson Well Women Clinic.



Top Beauty Blogger Singapore

Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Thomson Well Women Clinic’s Dr Liu Han Ping educating the participants the importance of regular health checks. He later moved on to skin issues and the types of services the clinic provides.

Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Dr Beh Suan Tiong, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Thomson Medical Centre, speak to us about the common gynaecological disorders to look out for.
Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Chef & Restaurant Owner Violet Oon demonstrating how to whip up a mean healthy curry, using Marigold yogurt in place of coconut milk.
Top Beauty Blog Singapore
She invited us to stand around her to have a close-up glimpse on how she does it.

The final section where the humourous Violet Oon demonstrates the making of Yoghurt Mousseline & Chicken Curry was probably my most favourite part of the day...


Top Beauty Blogger Singapore
Because I LOVE food!!

Top Beauty Blog Singapore
Check these out! Now I know how to entertain my guests with Oon's secrets!

Top Beauty Bloggers Singapore
At the last minute, I got to know that Caren, my giveaway winner is also attending this event, hence I arranged to pass her the set on that day!

So here is the goodie bag of the event! It has loads of good stuff such as a 1-week trial pass from Pure Yoga, free subscription of Simply Her e-magazine, a free magazine of the current month, Marigold bowls (and Low Fat Yogurt which is not part of the goodie bag but I took it home anyway), samples of beauty products, fragrances, etc. 

Top Beauty Blog Singapore

Heartfelt thanks to Her World & Simply Her for organising this successful event and for inviting us to join them for a day of healthy treats and education! I look forward to attending their future beauty events and sharing with you guys again!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!