7 Apr 2015

Lancôme Blanc Expert Cushion UV Review & Swatches


My March haul has been incredibly exciting for me. And out of all the awesome stuff I hauled or have been gifted, the one product that unbelievably led me to continue reaching for it day after day is.... 

Lancôme Blanc Expert Cushion UV Compact
Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV
Photo credits: Lancome Singapore Official Facebook Page
 
BB Cushion is not new to us in Asia. The beauty-conscious Koreans were the first to invent BB cream and later on, the cushion technology, years back. And it has since become a staple in the makeup routines of many Koreans and perhaps quite a handful of beauty junkies or other Asian women alike.

Taken from the official Lancome website:
Lancôme Blanc Expert Cushion UV
QUICK
FRESH
ON-THE-GO

Lancôme's first liquid cushion compact for effortless perfection in seconds.

 Benefits:
- FRESH GLOW
- LASTING HYDRATION
- WEIGHTLESS BUILDABLE COVERAGE
- SPF 23/PA++
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I present you my thoughts...let's unbox together, shall we?

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV

 Now, swatches and demos on my face!

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV
(Correction: It's Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion)
Not a huge difference: foundation disappears into my skin, leaving a subtle satin finish behind.

Review of Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion UV and Laneige BB cushion pore control
Laneige is more matte and shows a greyish cast, and Lancome is satiny and more yellow.


Singapore Top Beauty Blogger
Instant brightening boost to the face (thanks to its pine extract and glycerin)
Does not cover all my pigmentation though. CLICK to enlarge image.



My Thoughts:
Initially, I was rather skeptical about this copycat cushion foundation. Despite its claims of being the first Western cushion product, somehow I felt a tinge of discomfort at the thought of Lancome "plagarising" the Koreans' work. 



Eventually, out of curiosity (and a part of me is hopeful about it turning out to be an awesome product nonetheless), I decided to part with my SGD75 ($50 refill, $20 casing) and jump on the bandwagon.

Conclusion? I was 100% convinced.

Top Singapore Blogger
Check me out in my NEW Lancôme Miracle Cushion

All the claims of lasting hydration, natural satin glow, weightless buildable coverage are true! I am so so so amazed by the fact that even AFTER cleansing off the foundation, my skin still feels hydrated and SMOOTH TO THE TOUCH. I have never come across a foundation that delivers hydration without being too oily. Neither have I met a foundation that makes my skin continue to feel hydrated after taking it off. So this is really wonderful.

PROS:
  • Natural satin glow - not dewy/oily finish like most Korean BB cushion
  • Very light-weight and fresh-feeling, partly due to its fresh scent.
  • My combination sensitive skin didn't react adversely - no clogged pores or any breakouts. Yay!
  • SPF 25 is moderately sufficient for my SPF-sensitive skin ( my skin is allergic to high SPF)
  • The colour O-01 compliments my skin really well. It's yellow-toned but it's an exact match to my skin colour. (Asians will like this!)
  • Colour doesn't oxidise much.
  • Skin is hydrated throughout the day of use (even after taking it off. UH-MAY-ZING!)
  • Sheer to medium buildable coverage - perfect for daily use.
  • Packaging is a beautiful classic white colour and it isn't heavy nor bulky - perfect to bring along for touch ups!
 CONS:
  • Not suitable for oily skin, as with most other cushions. More for normal to dry or normal to combination skin.
  • Poor oil control. Have to set with a layer of setting powder and blot often, even for combination skin.
  • Buildable to medium coverage, max. Not for users who need more coverage. This doesn't cover acne marks, dark spots, scars etc. A separate concealer will resolve this problem however. 
  • Much more costly than most Korean BB cushions. Furthermore, it doesn't come with extra refill and the product does not last long.
NOTE: This is a FOUNDATION, not a BB cream, so one cannot expect the added skincare benefits of a BB cream. BUT, due to its lower SPF, the colour is much more natural, comparatively to the usual Korean BB creams/cushions which may leave a greyish cast, especially obvious on photos taken with flash!
 
OVERALL PRODUCT RATING:

(It would have been a 5-lippies if not for its price!)

I do encourage you to try this product if you're meaning to try cushion products yet for some reason, can't find a shade from the Korean BB cushion range or if the Korean formulation are not suitable for you. Lancôme offers a wider range of shades!

Lancôme Blanc Expert Cushion UV Compact Case ($20) and Cushion ($55), each sold separately, are available at all Lancôme counters.

Lancome is also available on http://www.sephora.sg/brands/lancome.



Stay tuned to my next blog post for a step-by-step makeup tutorial featuring this Lancôme Blanc Expert Cushion AND Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad!

If you like my post, do follow me on Instagram for more updates or subscribe to my blog.


1 comment :

  1. Looks like a good option for non asian brand. Its sister company Loreal has one too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!