30 Mar 2016

L'Oreal Makeup Designer Paris True Match Genius 4-in-1 Foundation: Review, Swatches, MOTD in Osaka


Sponsored



When I first opened this delivery package, I felt so pampered. (Thanks L'Oreal Makeup Singapore!)It was such a pretty "gift set" and so lovely to behold.

Opens like a book, this media kit (not available for sale, sorry!) contains one of their latest makeup products- L'Oreal Genius 4-in-1 Foundation by True Match.






The packaging of the entire set as well as the foundation package itself is so pretty and elegant. Doesn't it remind you of luxury brands emblem emboss? Think LV, Gucci, Coach.

More close up shots of the individual foundation compact.



Its slim & light packaging that reminds me of an iPhone. This is even tinier and snugly slips into your back pocket/evening bag perfectly.



  
As apparently shown above, there are four shades for this TRUE MATCH GENIUS 4-in-1 foundation:
  1. N1 Nude Ivory - fair to medium, yellow undertones.
  2. R1 Rose Ivory - fair to medium, pink undertones.
  3. G2 Gold Porcelain - medium to tanned, peach undertones.
  4. G4 Gold Beige - medium to tanned, yellow undertones
My shade match is N1. In my opinion, usual foundation shade of MAC NC 20-25 with yellow undertones can hold this colour.


SWATCHES




MY THOUGHTS

I really enjoyed the convenience of this product due to its all-in-one functions of primer, concealer, foundation and powder. It's got decent coverage and the finish is excellent - smooth, matte and dreamy. It could slide around if your skin is too dry or oily.

However, we do need to manage expectations towards such a multifunctional product. If there are obvious scars and blemishes present on the skin, obviously this cannot replace a good concealer. Priming function is pretty good and makeup glided on smoothly without any drag. A good moisturiser prior to use will boost the efficacy of this powder foundation.

TIP/Suggestion: PAT on the product with your own higher quality sponge. For oily skin, dust a layer of loose powder for it to last the whole day. By "whole day", I mean approximately 12 hours, in Singapore humid climate. In Japan, I do not need setting powder at all. For dry skin, please moisturize well before application.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I love the gorgeous, white compact packaging. I find myself bringing this out every day for quick touchups ever since I started using it!
 


The only downside of this product has got to be the flimsy sponge. Application with beauty blender produces a better result. This sponge is mainly reserved for quick touchups when I am outside.

Raw, unedited/no-filter photo while I was in Osaka. This makeup lasts whole day!

Retail Price: S$32.90

PRODUCT RATING:

For more product information, please visit http://www.loreal-paris.com.sg




post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!