2 Sept 2016

Review of Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation SPF50+ PA+++

Sponsored

Review of Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation

Review of Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation

First stamping foundation in a compact - CLIO's latest release stirred up some fairy dust in the beauty community recently.

"It is not a cushion."

As the box is first opened, that catchy phrase just catches your attention. (Yes! I love liquid foundies more than BB cushion actually, so this is just awesome.)




Since this is not exactly your usual BB cushion, the applicator(s) that come with the compact naturally is of a different make. As pictured above, there are two sponges for application - one is the stamping sponge (with two flat tips of different sizes meant for different areas of the face); and the second is a normal flat round-shaped sponge for travel use.

A double-layer mesh technology that helps pick up the right amount of product

To get the most use out of this product and to test its high coverage claims, I opted to use the stamping sponge.

And guess what - it was love at first use!


Don't mistaken this sponge as Beauty Blender. This should be used using stamping motions only - you can't roll or drag around on your face like what you may have done with your Beauty Blender. However, the stamping produces a really amazing finish on the skin.

P.S. Do not be intimidated by "stamping"! It is very easy. Click on the following YouTube video tutorial to see more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjefaZM53Tg

 
The stamping sponge has its own plastic case ( refer to second photo from the top); and the lid of the compact case has a mirror underneath.


The whole set-up is such that foundation touch-ups are made easy on-the-go. But the compact is a little taller and more chunky as compared to other BB cushion cases.


SWATCHES






MY THOUGHTS

I really enjoyed the stamping process with its two-sided sponge. Easy, quick, even coverage and the finish is radiant & beautiful semi-matte with no greasiness! The coverage is medium buildable to high. Foundation sets pretty well even without setting powder but I still use a light layer on my oily areas.

The shade match is not exact. First minute after I apply 3-BY Linen, my face appear fairer but after it sets, the shade blends well into my real skin and feels just like second skin. There are only 3 shades available, so obviously some really fair or dark skin tones will not find a suitable shade.

When I stamped on the Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation, I felt a tinge of coolness and it felt really comfortable. I went on to research more about the product then I saw this...

Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation has some great ingredients!

Longevity is its winning factor - even better than any BB cushion out there in the market. Know why? Because it is not a cushion, it is a liquid foundation, remember? 

I don't know if anyone faces the same problem as me but prolonged use of many other BB Cushion always congest my pores and my skin will eventually go into full-blown breakout mode after two weeks of consecutive usage.

As for this Clio Kill Cover Stamping Foundation, I have no issues with clogged pores or new breakouts. #somuchwins LOVE LOVE LOVE~!!

For this reason alone, I will repurchase despite it does have its cons - slightly higher-priced than most drugstore foundations (SGD39.90) and the modest amount of product.

__
 
WIN A STAYCATION at Sentosa Cove (worth $500)
+ other awesome CLIO prizes!


Join in the BFF Stamping Challenge! More details, click HERE.


Follow CLIO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CLIOSingapore/





No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask me any question at the box below! Always love to hear from you!